Rebus is a special kind of puzzles, in which the hidden word is encrypted by using a sequence of images, letters, numbers and other symbols.
In order to solve and create puzzles, it is necessary to know the rules and techniques that are used in their preparation. Read and remember these rules. For greater clarity, some of them illustrated by examples.
1. The names of all the objects depicted in the puzzle, read only in the nominative case and the singular. Sometimes the desired object in the picture indicated by an arrow.
2. Very often the subject depicted in the puzzle, you may have not one, but two or more names, such as "eye" and "eye", "leg" and "paw", etc., Or it may have one General and one specific name, such as "tree" and "oak", "note" and "re", etc., need to Find a suitable meaning.
The ability to identify and correctly name the pictured item represents one of the main difficulties in deciphering riddles. In addition to knowing the rules, you will need wit and logic.
3. Sometimes the name of any object cannot be used as a whole - need to drop at the beginning or end of a word one or two letters. In these cases, the used symbol is a comma. If the comma is left from the figure, it means that his name is to drop the first letter, if right from the drawing the last. If there are two commas, then discard two letters, etc.
For example, drawing a "clip", it is necessary to read only the "pool"drawn "sail", it is necessary to read only "couples".
4. If two of any item or two letters drawn one within the other, their names can be read with the addition of the preposition "in".
For example: "-o " Yes"or "not-in-a or-o-seven":
In this and the following five examples of possible different interpretation, for example, instead of "eight" can be read "SEMIO", instead of "water" - "DAVO". But such words do not exist! Here and you should come to the aid of wit and logic.
5. If any letter is from another letter, read with the addition of "from". For example: "b-a" or "EXT-in" or "f " IR":
6. If for any letter or object is another letter or object, you need to read with the addition of "for".
For example: "Ka-for-Ni", "for-I-C".
7. If one figure or letter drawn under the other, then you need to read with the addition of "on", "over" or "under" - choose the preposition meaning.
For example: "four-in-ri" or "under-the-Cabinet":
The phrase: "he Found Titus horseshoe and gave her Anastasia" - can be represented as follows:
8. If for any letter written another letter, read with the addition of "on". For example: "p-t", "l-e", "I":
9. If one letter lies at the other, leaning against it, then read with the addition of "y". For example: "L-u-K", "l-u-b":
10. If rebus found the image of the object is drawn upside down, you name it needs to be read from the end. For example, painted "cat", you need to read "current"drawn "nose", you need to read "the dream".
11. If the drawn object, and beside it is written, then crossed out the letter, then it means that this letter should be discarded from the received word. If over strikeout letter is different, it means that you need it to replace strikeout. Sometimes in this case between the letters to put an equality sign
For example: "the eyes" reading "gas", "bone" read "guest":
12. If the above figure are the numbers, for example, 4, 2, 3, 1, this means that you first read the fourth letter of the name of the object shown in the figure, then the second, followed by a third, and so on, so that the letters are read in the order indicated by the numbers. For example, painted "mushroom", read "the brig":
13. If any figure in the rebus is drawn running, sitting, lying, etc. to the name of this figure we must add the appropriate verb in the third person present tense (running, sitting, lying, and so on), such as "runs".
14. Very often in riddles separate syllables : "before", "re", "mi", "FA" depict the relevant notes. For example, the words, the notes read: "La", "f-g":
Because not everyone knows the notes and their position on the stave, given their names.
In complex puzzles these techniques are often combined.