lightning is extremely dangerous. Lightning can destroy a building, bearing transmission, factory pipe, to cause fire. Especially dangerous lightning for living beings. The blow is deadly to all living things, but in people and animals lightning strikes rarely and only in cases, when the person himself because of ignorance creates favorable conditions.
Lightning is always moving to the land of the shortest path. So lightning often strikes the highest objects, and two objects of the same height - that which is the best guide.
from Here follow the precautions that should be followed to protect yourself from lightning.
- Close all Windows and doors.
- Disconnect from electrical outlets all appliances. Do not touch them, and also to the phone during a thunderstorm.
- Not suitable to the baths, taps and sinks because metal pipes can conduct electricity.
- If you are in the house flew fireball (although the statistics of these "lucky" very few), do not make sudden movements and in any case don't run away, so as to cause the air stream, whereby a bundle of energy will fly purposefully for you. Stay away from electrical appliances and wiring, do not touch metal objects and try to leave a little-studied atmospheric electrical phenomenon alone. Not more than a minute lightning will disappear by itself.
- Try to log in the home or in the car.
- If no shelter, open space, and bent to hug the ground. Very dangerous during thunderstorms to stand tall! But just to go too! Wet earth is a perfect conductor, so lightning can strike in the soil.
- Try to hide in the lowest place, whether it is a ditch, ravine or small hollow.
- In the woods is better to take refuge under low bushes. NEVER stand under a separate tree. Lightning primarily directs its action on high objects, including trees. Especially good zipper attract oak, pine, poplar, spruce.
- avoid towers, fences, tall trees, telephone and electric wires, bus stops.
- Stay away from bicycles, barbecues, and other metal objects.
- don't come to the lake, river or other water bodies.
- Remove all metal. In any case, do not use in the rain umbrella!
- do Not use the phone.
- don't stand in the crowd.
- If the storm caught you in the boat and to shore to swim you don't have time, Crouch to the bottom of the boat, connect the legs and cover your head and ears.
- If the storm caught you in the path you want to stay, close all Windows and the top of the machine (if it is with an open top), lower the radio antenna, and the main thing is not to leave this sanctuary. Inside a fully enclosed vehicle you out of danger during electrical storms. The fact that, despite the fact that the car is made out of metal, it creates the effect of a so-called Faraday cage, that is the device, which is a grounded cage, made of good conductive material. Such a device is well screens of the electromagnetic field.
- when the transport is open (bike, motorcycle), you need to stop immediately and move away from the vehicle thirty metres.